Saturday, August 10, 2013

Census Bloodbath: A Bump in the Road

I'm trying, dear God, I'm trying to sort out this whole mess. Did you know that movies produced thirty years ago that 10 people watched and 2 people enjoyed don't tend to get DVD releases?

Bummer, right?

As it is, a lot of them have found their way onto YouTube, which has become my second favorite invention behind those singing toothbrushes. Between Netflix and YouTube, I have access to a good lot of the films on my list, but some remain lost. Many require payment, like a troll under a bridge, but some of them are lost in time, lost in space.

As I begin my long drudge through the backroads of horror history, some key stones in my path will be missing. Thus, I will find the need to skip over them for the time being while I try to forge on as best I can.

What I'm saying is, I'll review what I can from 1980 (it's a pretty good year, all in all. I have found a lot more movies than, say, 1988, when the home video boom was in full swing) but I'll skip a couple that are harder to find until later notice.

Expect my first 1980 CB review later this week!

Peace.

-Brennan

No comments:

Post a Comment