Monday, November 27, 2017

Long Live Popcorn Culture!

Hey all!

I'm sure you've noticed that I haven't posted a single thing since Halloween, but I assure you this blog is still going strong. That Amityville marathon really tuckered me out, for one thing. However, I've also been so busy with work that the only movies I've been able to watch are current releases, which earlier this year I decided to no longer review.

About that...

I think I may have to roll back that pronouncement. For one thing, it's really kneecapped my ability to produce content. For another thing, it's something that I really enjoy. And for a third thing, I've decided to refocus my career efforts into an area of the industry that doesn't require me to be quite so diplomatic about the movies that I like or dislike.

Three cheers for this blog deciding to become relevant again!

That said, I probably won't post much new content until early December, when I will be reinstating my current movie reviews with the holiday tentpole franchises like Pitch Perfect 3, Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi, and hopefully not Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, which I pray nobody is cruel enough to drag me to.

Anyway, if you've missed me, here are some things that I've been working on outside this blog that you should check out!

For one thing, I started a weekly column at the pro-positivity horror web site Ghastly Grinning called the Horror Sommelier, where I pair new theatrical releases with a thematically linked horror film to make the perfect double feature! You can read that right here!

Also, the Pod People network has gained a new show! Keep Screaming is hosted by my good friend Ryan Larson and his friend Bee, they do a deep dive into my most favorite of genres: the slasher movie. You can find their web page here and subscribe to them on the Podcasts app!
Word Count: 317

No comments:

Post a Comment