Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Arrow in the Head: Go to Hell

Year: 2017
Director: Ben Browder
Cast: Sammi Hanratty, Sean Astin, Gina Gershon
Run Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
MPAA Rating: R

Read my full review at Arrow in the Head.

Additional Notes: Seriously, Sean Astin is truly great in this. It’s almost like he thought he was shooting a real movie. I have a weird relationship with the Bad Kids Go to Hell movies, because even though the emphatically suck, they have a manic desperation to be liked that I respond to. And hey, Bad Kids of Crestview Academy is at least a mild improvement, making it the Empire Strikes Back of Breakfast Club slashers.

TL;DR: Bad Kids of Crestview Academy is a crappy B-movie, but its commitment to bad taste is captivating and energetic.
Rating: 5/10
Word Count: 810
Reviews In This Series
Bad Kids Go to Hell (Spradlin, 2012)
Bad Kids of Crestview Academy (Browder, 2017)

3 comments:

  1. Holy fuck Bad Kids Go To Hell got a sequel?!?! How was I unaware of this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh trust me, EVERYONE was unaware of this. The only reason I heard about it was because I was asked to review a screener and contribute a blurb. The blurb did end up on the Blu-Ray, but it was credited to my editor, so... yay?

      Delete
    2. It's on Prime so I'm definitely going to have to watch it soon.

      Delete