Friday, October 21, 2016

Arrow in the Head: The Tension Experience

Year: 2016
Director: Vincent Masciale
Cast: Lucas Neff, Caitlin Stasey, Chris Marquette
Run Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
MPAA Rating: R

Read my full review on Arrow in the Head.

Additional Notes: Setting aside that utter nonsense about Abigail Breslin, I really did like Fear, Inc. I always expect the worst when a review rolls far enough down the hill to reach me, but I was pleasantly surprised. I’m worried the film will get buried under an avalanche of licensing issues due to its frequent, exact visual quotes from other movies (Joe is wearing a Freddy Krueger sweater literally the entire time), but if it gets out into the world, I don’t think I’d mind seeing it again. This is clearly not a strong recommendation, but I had fun with this one.

TL;DR: Fear, Inc. is an addled low budget horror-comedy, but it's still a basket of Halloween fun.
Rating: 6/10
Word Count: 829

No comments:

Post a Comment