Friday, August 26, 2016

Arrow in the Head: Killer? I Hardly Know Her!

Year: 2016
Director: Billy O'Brien
Cast: Christopher Lloyd, Laura Fraser, Max Records 
Run Time: 1 hour 44 minutes
MPAA Rating: R

Read my full review at Arrow in the Head.

Additional Notes: I really thought this would be the one to break my streak. Of all the films I’ve watched and reviewed for Arrow in the Head, only one of them has received over a 5/10. This is what some might call “paying one’s dues,” but I don’t want all the readers to assume I’m some movie-hating Debbie Downer. I was excited, because I Am Not a Serial Killer was getting some decent buzz on the festival circuit. It just goes to show, you really never can trust festivals.

I have literally no idea why this movie has received such positive notices, to the point that I would suspect bribery if the movie had any money to speak of. It’s a devastatingly boring, pretentious piece of work that should have been 90 minutes long, if it had to exist at all. Don’t waste your time on this one. You’re not getting paid to do it.

TL;DR: I Am Not a Serial Killer is a miserably pretentious slog.
Rating: 3/10
Word Count:939

2 comments:

  1. When I saw the poster, I thought the smiling bald man was Bruce Willis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw man, the movie would have been so much better if that were true.

      Delete